Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Joys of Stumbling.

Those who know me know how stagnant my life is right now. Long story short, I am taking an involuntary gap year before uni, and I am always in search of 'things to do'. So any way I stumbled upon this list, which includes the names of the 100 best books ever written. So that's another task I am willing to take on and hopefully I shall succeed with in this year.


Now I have no delusions of fame and so I do not expect to set a deadline and become the next Julie Powell, for I would hate to constrict myself with a deadline. I honestly feel that a book must be felt and not just read, I cannot tell you the happiness engrossed reading has brought me and so I start.


Now for the future of that task. I decided to not clutter this blog(which is for pouring my heart out) and so I have created a separate portal  and from now on I shall summarise and analyse the text I read over there.


Coming to the list this is where I stand, the works I have already read;
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
Hamlet by William Shakespeare.


The texts I own so shall soon follow;
To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
Iliad by Homer
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë


p.s. I would like to thank my dear friend who introduced me to the idea of stumbling, you know who you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment